My name is Melissa Page, the “Page” behind Filling Our Pages. I am a wife to an awesome, super supportive husband of 14 years who has been my absolute best friend for 17 years. Lucky me! Together, we share a 2-year-old girl who is full of spunk, super feisty, and absolutely hilarious. You should see her dance! And don’t even get her started in a conversation . . . she is a social butterfly!
After having our daughter two years ago, I made the decision to leave a lengthy career in finance and investing to stay home and raise our girl full time. I suppose it goes without saying for those of you who have children, but having our daughter turned our world upside down. In the best kind of way possible, of course. We spent the first 10 years of our marriage focused on traveling, our careers, eating well (and by well I mean indulgently), and sleeping in! Gone are the weekends of naps and binge movie-watching. Now our weekends are filled with mini-adventures through our 2-year-old’s eyes. Going to the park to swing or to the community swimming pool is the highlight of a Saturday afternoon! (Followed by a margarita when she goes to bed on a Saturday night!)
I love my early morning quiet time, sometimes running outside at daybreak or sometimes sitting on the back deck with a cup of coffee listening to the world. My daughter’s naptime is when all the magic happens in this house . . . I can usually enjoy some quiet time cooking, baking, painting furniture, or redecorating areas of my home! Oh, how I covet those two precious hours.
I love to eat real food and I am doing my best to stay away from processed foods as much as possible, but I’m not above the occasional chocolate fest of some sort! I enjoy experimenting with vegan, paleo, gluten-free, and other types of diets. I am not strict in any of these areas and I simply eat what makes me feel my best physically and am not looking to convert right now, thank you very much. If I were being totally honest, I would be 100% plant-based if I wasn’t married to a meat-and-potatoes-kind-of-guy. Then there’s my love of bacon, so maybe not.
To help you get to know me a little better, here are 10 things I love right now:
- A quiet hour of alone time in the morning.
- Dates with my husband. Sunday brunch dates are our favorite!
- A good, hard run where I sweat so much I can actually wring my shirt out. It happens.
- Spicy foods, especially New Mexican green chile. I am addicted to jalapenos and Tabasco sauce.
- Starbucks. Need I say more?
- Dip for my food. I am a food dipper. Chicken and steak get dipped in Tabasco sauce or homemade BBQ.
- The accomplishment of figuring something out that frustrated the heck out of me in the process.
- Butter. I used to shy away from it, but the more I cook whole, real foods, the more I love butter! Everything is better with butter, no?
- Watching my daughter sing, dance, play pretend, tell stories, sleep, you name it.
- A clean home with everything in its place. It’s seldom occurring, but it feels good when it happens. Ohhhh, does it feel good!
And, if you still want to know more about who I am, you can find out a little more here! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope that you will enjoy this journey with me as it continues to evolve and take shape. If there is a question you have or a topic that interests you, or you just want to say hello, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.